TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
The Family Resource Center invites Kershaw and Lee County teens in the 9th through 12th grade to apply for a volunteer position on the Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a volunteer board of The Family Resource Center. TAB members will provide volunteer support; participate in activity planning and promotion, promote teen empowerment, and assist with teen pregnancy prevention programming. This board will help TFRC to meet the needs and interests of the teen population within Kershaw and Lee County communities while working to end teen pregnancy and promote teen health.
Under close supervision, volunteers in the Teen Advisory Board will offer suggestions and provide valuable input about teen interests, issues, and activities / program planning. This will make the teen pregnancy prevention programs of TFRC more “teen-friendly.”
There are many benefits to being a part of the Teen Advisory Board, some of which include: meeting and interacting with other teens, developing leadership and team working skills, feeling a sense of accomplishment by serving the community, and obtaining recognition to use on high school and college applications. In addition, volunteer TAB participants work hours may be applied towards the high school community service requirement. This is a volunteer position; Teen Advisory Board members will not receive a stipend or any monetary compensation.
Participants are expected to attend monthly meetings as well as teen programs or events. This is a one-year commitment.
Call The Family Resource Center for application and due dates. After your submission you will be contacted within 7 business days with an appointment for an interview. Interviews will be conducted at the TFRC office. For more information, please call QuazZena Thomas at (803) 425-4357 or email email@example.com
TEEN ADVISORY BOARD Position Description
Teen Advisory Board (TAB) Member
The advisory team will help TFRC meet the needs and interests of the teen population in the Kershaw and Lee County community. The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a volunteer board of The Family Resource Center. TAB members will provide volunteer support; participate in activity planning and promotion of teen violence and pregnancy prevention programming. This board will help TFRC to meet the needs and interests of the teen population within Kershaw and Lee County.
TAB members will help to create and execute diverse programs. TAB members will devote their time to make teen pregnancy and violence prevention programs possible at The Family Resource Center and throughout Kershaw & Lee Counties.
1. Review “Teen Link” web pages and suggest improvements and content
2. Write book, movie, and music reviews
3. Offer advice and assist in marketing teen programs and services to teens in the community
4. Assist in planning and implementing teen programs and services
5. Other duties as assigned
1. Kershaw or Lee County resident
2. Grades 9 to 12 (Ages 14-19)
3. Email address that is checked at least twice a week
4. Basic knowledge of locating information on the Web
5. Enthusiastic about providing ideas for teen programming/services
6. Willingness to participate on a creative team
7. Have a great attitude and respect for others
1. One school year
2. Attend and participate in teen programs and events.
3. Participate in scheduled TAB meetings
4. Contribute by writing reviews, making recommendations and planning teen services and programs
5. Respond promptly to TAB email/phone communication