The mission of the Women of Courage Committee is to serve as ambassadors for children victimized by abuse through increasing community awareness, promoting prevention, and financially strengthening the coordinated efforts of The Family Resource Center (FRC) serving Kershaw and Lee Counties.
This unique membership program partners the voice, influence, and giving spirit of women to achieve our ultimate goal of breaking the cycle of abuse. We believe that women can play a vital role in this dialogue by nurturing a community where adults are empowered to protect children and where children impacted by violence and abuse have access to the very best recovery services.
The financial support received through annual membership will directly benefit FRC’s Children’s Advocacy Center as we work to bring justice, hope and healing to child victims each year. The intent of this essential giving circle will be to support systemic advancements through programs, and to create a dedicated fund to support innovative prevention and intervention programming throughout our community.
The Women of Courage Committee will dedicate itself to raising awareness about this issue within our communities, circles of influence, and throughout South Carolina, by participating in an annual campaign during Child Abuse Prevention Month. Each year the Women of Courage Committee will set a goal of reaching more than 100 Women who are courageous enough to speak out against child abuse, thereby breaking the silence which surrounds this issue.
· Reserved seat at the 2nd Annual Women of Courage Award Luncheon on April 7th, 2018
· Opportunity to join the Women of Courage Steering Committee
· Receive Women of Courage Committee e-newsletter
· Recognition on FRC website and Materials
· Comfort in knowing you’re making a BIG impact on Little lives
· Annual contribution of $100.00 or more
· Lend name to committee (Placed on website and other WOC / FRC literature)
· Participate in campaign during Child Abuse Prevention Month (April)